Photo Archives
"Buildings"
Description
Date Taken
Notes
File No.
Page 2 of 3
13 
Buildings151
Buildings152
Photo Missing
Buildings155
Buildings154
Buildings153
Buildings158
Buildings157
Buildings156
Buildings160
Buildings159
Photo Missing
Buildings162B
Buildings162A
Buildings161
Buildings163
Buildings170
Buildings164
Buildings169
Buildings168
Buildings167
Buildings166
Buildings165
Buildings174
Buildings173
Buildings175A
Buildings175B
Buildings172
Buildings171
Buildings176
Buildings180A
Buildings179
Buildings178
Buildings177
Buildings181
Buildings180B
Buildings183
Buildings182
Buildings184
Photo Missing
Buildings187
Buildings186
Buildings185
Buildings190
Buildings189
Buildings188
Buildings194
Buildings195
Buildings193
Buildings192
Buildings191
Buildings198
Buildings199
Buildings197
Buildings196
Buildings200
Buildings202
Buildings201
Buildings205
Buildings204
Buildings203
Buildings210
Buildings207
Buildings206
Buildings208
Buildings209
Buildings213
Buildings212
Buildings211
Buildings216
Buildings215
Buildings214
Buildings218C
Buildings218
"Espresso by the Sea", corner of Rainier and Union
Buildings220
Buildings219
Buildings223
Buildings222
Buildings221
Buildings225
Buildings224
Photo Missing
Photo Missing
Photo Missing
Photo Missing
Buildings226B
Buildings226A
Buildings227B
Buildings227A
Buildings228
Buildings230
Buildings229
Buildings232
Buildings231
Buildings233
Buildings234
Photo Missing
Photo Missing
Buildings236
Buildings235
Officers' quarters, Fort Steilacoom
Typical early pioneer house (not necessarily in Steilacoom)
Western State Hospital
1916
Back to top                    Back to "Buildings" page 1                  To "Historical Photos" main page
Paper mill on Chambers Creek/Bay
1937
Town Hall just after it was built in the 1930s
Kuper's Garage being built across the street from Galloway's Grocery
~1930
1942
Rigney house, built in 1880s
Historic house (on Rainier Street?)
1971
Unk
Unk
Lumber mill on Chambers Creek/Bay
The "Four Sisters House" on Starling Street.  House built by Albert Wythe in 1888
Oberlin Church, view from front
Gardiner house at corner of Lafayette and Pacific Streets
1971
1971
1971
Hughes House built in 1890s
Unk
1971
1971
Another Hughes House built in 1890s
House being moved across railroad tracks
Front view of Bair Drugs
View of south side of Bair Drugs showing picnic tables in vacant lot.
House being moved across railroad tracks (same house as in Buildings162A)
1976
1976
Unk
Corner view of Bair Drugs, photo taken by Ken Karman
Corner view of Bair Drugs
1961
1961
1976
Corner view of Bair Drugs, photo taken by Ken Karman
Corner view of Bair Drugs
1961
Interior of Bair Drugs, photo taken by Ken Karman
1961
Interior of Bair Drugs, photo taken by Ken Karman
Interior of Bair Drugs, photo taken by Ken Karman
1961
1961
Interior of Bair Drugs, photo taken by Ken Karman
Interior of Bair Drugs, photo taken by Ken Karman
Interior of Bair Drugs, photo taken by Ken Karman
1961
1961
1961
Flett Dairy
1961
Flett Dairy
1961
Steilacoom Historical Museum in the spring
Unk
Steilacoom Historical Museum in the spring
Steilacoom Historical Museum in the spring
Steilacoom Historical Museum before Main Street was reconfigured
Unk
Unk
Unk
Ferry dock and bottom of Union Street
Unk
Unk
Unk
Ferry dock and bottom of Union Street
Ferry dock and bottom of Union Street
Interior of Bair Drugs during restoration.  Wall.
Apr 22, 1975
Apr 22, 1975
Apr 22, 1975
Apr 22, 1975
Apr 22, 1975
Interior of Bair Drugs during restoration.  Wall.
Interior of Bair Drugs during restoration.  
Front of Bair Drugs as restoration began.  ShowsWall gas pump, a bear, and sign "The Seasons Greetings"
Interior of Bair Drugs during restoration.  Door knob
Lyle Dunkin and another worker duirng  Bair Drugs restoration
Interior of Bair Drugs during restoration.  Toilet paper roll dispenser
Apr 22, 1975
Apr 22, 1975
Lyle Dunkin and two other workers duirng  Bair Drugs restoration
Apr 22, 1975
Apr 22, 1975
Interior of Bair Drugs during restoration.  Concrete wall and windows 
U. S. Post Office when next to vacant lot adjacent to Bair Drugs
Interior of Bair Drugs during restoration.  Shoring up the building
Interior of Bair Drugs during restoration.  1946 document on wall.
1970 - 1974
Apr 22, 1975
Apr 22, 1975
View looking south from corner of Main and Lafayette before removal of overhead telephone and electric wires
1970 - 1974
1970 - 1974
View of Town Hall from Main Street before removal of overhead telephone and electric wires
View of Town Hall from across Lafayette Street before removal of overhead telephone and electric wires
1970 - 1974
Old Oberlin Congregational Church during restoration.  Arthur and Aurora Toth on roof of portico
Before 1980
Old Oberlin Congregational Church during restoration.  Arthur and Aurora Toth on roof of portico
Bair Drugs decorated for Christmas
1993
Bair Drugs decorated for Christmas
1978
"Buildings201A" is a closeup of the three people.  Resolution is good enough for a 4" x 6" photo
Bair Drugs from front
Bair Drugs decorated for Christmas
Restoration of Bair Drugs.  Interior shoring.
1993
Unk
Apr 22, 1975
Restoration of Bair Drugs.  Interior shoring.
Restoration of Bair Drugs.  Interior shoring.
Restoration of Bair Drugs.  Interior shoring.
Apr 22, 1975
Apr 22, 1975
Apr 22, 1975
Restoration of Bair Drugs.  Person in photo is Clyde Davidson.
Restoration of Bair Drugs.  Interior shoring.
Restoration of Bair Drugs.  Interior shoring.
Apr 23, 1975
Apr 22, 1975
Apr 22, 1975
Restoration of Bair Drugs.   Interior shot of door. 
Restoration of Bair Drugs.  Side of store.
Restoration of Bair Drugs.  Store front.
Apr 23, 1975
Apr 23, 1975
Apr 23, 1975
Restoration of Bair Drugs.   South side of building.
Restoration of Bair Drugs.   Interior shot of side, men at work.  Boy watching.  "Buildings214A, B, and D" missing
Restoration of Bair Drugs.  John Longe, Fred Rosenveav
Unk
Apr 23, 1975
Apr 23, 1975
Wagon shop before restoration.  Shows window, vertical board and batten construction
1978
Unk
Bair Drugs after restoration
Bair Drugs showing recently added side porch
Same photo as Buildings201
2004
1998
1998
Granny Bligh's home
E. R. Rogers Restaurant on Commercial Street
Country Mercantile and grocery store on Lafayette Street
1900?
2004
2004
The "Cozy Cat" on Frederick STreet between Starling and Rainier...site of old school
Wagon Shop after restoration in 1994
1995
1960
1954
Davidson's Store
"Milt" has original photo
Waverly Hotel (originally E. R. Rogers Home) during period when it was vacant
Steilacoom Tribal Museum (old Oberlin Congregational Church)
1958
1999
1999
Steilacoom Tribal Museum (old Oberlin Congregational Church)
Waverly Hotel (originally E. R. Rogers Home) after restoration by Dowling
Waverly Hotel (originally E. R. Rogers Home) during period when it was vacant
1965
1958
E. R. Rogers Restaurant at beginning of reconstruction to law office
2007
E. R. Rogers Restaurant during reconstruction to law office
2007
Western State Hospital taken from hill.  Shows newly planted fruit trees
Town Hall with landscaping.  Huge willow at left
"New" Steilacoom School built in 1917.  Shows recent plantings
1900?
Late 1930s?
1919?
Same photo as Buildings178
~1880
1941
Unk
Ezra Meeker store build in 1855.  Taken over by gunsmith W. D. Vaughn
First Pierce County courthouse
Unk
~1880
~1880
Mid- to late-1800s
Buildings237
Buildings239
Buildings238
Buildings240
Foundation and construction material for new Town Hall
1930

Buildings242
Buildings241
Steilacoom School built in 1892 on Nisqually Street.  Photo from Minerva Weston Schultz Collection, donated by Dorothy Gale
1907

1907

See also Buildings001, 002 and  242
See also Buildings001, 002, 241, and 243
Steilacoom School built in 1892 on Nisqually Street.  Photo from Minerva Weston Schultz Collection, donated by Dorothy Gale
Buildings243
Steilacoom School built in 1892 on Nisqually Street.  
~1900

See also Buildings001, 002, 241, and 242
Buildings244
Steilacoom Town Hall photographed by George Shuey, U.S. Army CID during Steilacoom Centernial celebration
July 1954
Buildings247
Buildings246
Buildings245
Western State Hospital viewed from rear
McCaw & Rogers store, built in1859 as the first brick building in Washington Territory
1906
Fort Nisqually in its second location in what is now DuPont.  The initial location, closer to Puget Sound, lacked an adequate source of fresh water.  The fort has been reconstructed at Point Defiance Park in Tacoma
Buildings248
Bair store before reconstruction
1897
Buildings250
Buildings249
Buildings251
Buildings252
Buildings253
Buildings254
Buildings256
Buildings255
Buildings259
Buildings258
Buildings257
Buildings261
Buildings260
Buildings262
Buildings263
Western State Hospital
1920
Buildings145I

Buildings145I

Fort Flett at what is now the NE corner of the intersection of Lakewood Boulevard and Steilacoom Boulevard
ca. 1975
Bair store before reconstruction
ca. 1975
Bair store during reconstruction
Bair store after reconstruction
ca. 1976
1975
Bair store before reconstruction
ca. 1975
Steilacoom School
Unknown
The Orr Home at beginning of restoration to put it back on its foundation after it slipped downhill.
The Orr Home at beginning of restoration to put it back on its foundation after it slipped downhill.
The Orr Home at beginning of restoration to put it back on its foundation after it slipped downhill.
The Orr Home at beginning of restoration to put it back on its foundation after it slipped downhill.
The Orr Home at beginning of restoration to put it back on its foundation after it slipped downhill.
The Orr Home at beginning of restoration to put it back on its foundation after it slipped downhill.
The Orr Home at beginning of restoration to put it back on its foundation after it slipped downhill.
The Orr Home at beginning of restoration to put it back on its foundation after it slipped downhill.
Buildings217
Buildings264
County Courthouse on Martin Street in distance.
Unk
Buildings265
Catholic Church
ca. 1900
Buildings268
Buildings267
Buildings266
Catholic Church of the Immaculate Conception
Buildings271
Buildings270
Buildings269
Buildings272
Buildings273
Officer's Quarters, Fort Steilacoom
Officer's Quarters, Fort Steilacoom
County jail
County jail
County jail
Thomas Chambers' grist mill on Chambers Bay.  Abitibi paper mill was (in recent times) just to the right, and the Steilacoom Marina to the left.  Outlet of Chambers Bay is seen in the background.
Buildings2665A
County Courthouse on Martin Street in distance.  Right foreground,  Neil and Marcella Rigney home.  Left across center:  Armbruster, Fahy, Downey, Latham, Capt. Black, Bartlett, Weston, Downey homes and William Walace's barn. Photo, very similar to 265 above, donated by Milt Davidson.